Local search is a new opportunity:
- 70.8% of Australians use the Internet
- 91% of all Internet users use a search engine to find information
- Over 50% of all purchases are preceded by an Internet search
- 30% of all search queries contain a city, state or postcode
- There are 2.6 billion local searches a month
- 43 percent of Australians now own an internet-capable phone
In September 2009 Google created 50 million Places pages around the world to help people make more informed decisions about where to go, from restaurants and hotels to accountants and plumbers. The Places page displays photos, reviews and essential facts, as well as allowing business owners to offer coupons.
Another feature of your Google Places page is that it comes with a mobile version of the page.